What is it?
The SIRIUS Program is the Aeronautics Command’s (COMAER) instrument aimed at the evolution of the Brazilian Airspace Control System (SISCEAB), in response to the demands arising from the growth and increase in the diversity of air traffic foreseen for the coming decades and the technological evolutions in the field of aviation.
Using high-tech solutions, innovative operating procedures, and emphasis on continuously improving the performance of human resources, the Program has allowed Brazilian society to enjoy an agile, safe, environmentally sustainable, and high-performance air traffic system, compliant with world’s interoperability levels, as well as to provide an infrastructure that meets our airspace defense needs.
Conducted by the Department of Airspace Control (DECEA), SIRIUS has ensured a continuous elevation of Operational Safety levels and the capacity to Defend, Control, and Integrate the airspace covering the 22 million km² area under the Brazilian jurisdiction.
The SIRIUS Program brings together a set of Projects divided into different areas, which contribute to the modernization of Brazilian Airspace Control System (SISCEAB) and the consolidation of National ATM System benefits.
- Optimization of the National Airspace
- Flexible Use of Airspace (FUA)
- Evolution of Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM)
- Flight Information Service
- Improved Air Navigation Services in Oil Basins (Ocean Areas)
- Integration of the Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) in SISCEAB
- Air Traffic Management Evolution (ATM Evolution)
- SISCEAB’s Approach Control Units (APP) Concentration Project
- “Performance-Based Communication and Surveillance” (PBCS) Concept Implementation at the Atlântico Flight Information Region (FIR-AO)