This Project aims at modernizing the Flight Inspection and Radio monitoring capacity, to fulfill the needs of the National ATM System evolution.
Flight inspection is the in-flight investigation and evaluation, carried out by specialized aircraft and crew, of air navigation systems/aids and air navigation procedures contained in an aeronautical chart, to certify or verify that they are within the prescribed tolerances, allowing a safe operation.
Radio monitoring is the flight inspection aimed to monitor, detect, identify and/or locate radio frequencies transmitting sources.
- Keep the aircraft and Flight Inspection Systems capable of meeting the needs of SISCEAB.
- Reduction of logistical costs of Flight Inspection means.
- Increased safety levels and reduced risk of Controlled Flight into Terrain (CFIT).
- Reduction of the environmental impact related to the emission of CO2 and aeronautical noise.
- Reduction in the workload of Flight Inspection crews.